ETA & ACAS Enforcement

If you have been awarded an employment tribunal award or ACAS settlement and the respondent has failed to make payment, then you can use the services of a High Court Enforcement Officer to enforce your award or settlement. 

In May 2009, the then Justice Secretary Jack Straw announced that there would be new measures to improve the payment of employment tribunal awards through a new employment tribunal fast track system. This decision came about following research conducted by the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). The research showed that 39% of tribunal awards granted failed to receive any payment and only 53% were paid in full.

The Employment Tribunal fast track system allows a High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) to be allocated to your case at the beginning of the enforcement process. The HCEO will then act on your behalf to arrange the issue of a writ of control and attempt to recover the monies owed from the respondent.

There is no minimum award amount and there is no compliance fee. The HCEO's fees are payable by the respondent, however there is a Court fee of £66 payable to HMCTS for the issue of the writ which is recoverable from the respondent.

Enforcement is carried out under a Writ of Control.